09 September 2011

Woven





Psalm 139:13-14 says
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works;
   my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,when I was being made in secret,
   intricately woven in the depths of the earth.

   The phrase that has been in my mind for a while now is intricately woven. Yes, your body is intricately woven. You are a complex, un-matchable design, that all of science's greatness can only wonder at. I believe that fully. As I mentioned in Who Am I, the astounding design of the human body captivates me to no end. I think it is truly one of the most beautiful things in creation, and I do not say that lightly.
 But lately, another part of intricately woven has  made me think. Not only is your physical body intricately woven, but also your mental. The things that bring you delight, and the things that give you fulfillment. On the flip side, the things that are abhorrent to you, and your deepest fears. Your twisting, turning emotions. Your ability to love God, your ability to love others. The way you process things, the way your amazing mind functions. All of these things, whether they are something you appreciate, or something you don't, are woven into your fundamental being. They are what makes you, you.
  think about it. In the beginning of time, God knew exactly how he was going to do that. Where exactly he would bring different colored threads into your make-up. Look at the picture of the rug up top. See how intricately woven it is? How tiny threads melt away into bigger ones? How if you look at only a small section of it, it doesn't make sense. The pattern is lost. It seems random. But when you look at it as a whole, the incredibly complex pattern shows through. the colours blend and complement each other. It is a thing of beauty.
 that is how you are created. You are intricate, and you are a tribute to the Master Designer.To quote the psalmest, I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works;my soul knows it very well.
 Indeed, God. Your works are wonderful!
 do you realize this? You are a wonderful marvelous created work of a Loving God. Next time you are tempted to beat yourself up for something, remember that.
 You were made for a purpose.
 God isn't through with you yet.
 Love:)
R

No comments:

Post a Comment