26 September 2013

true

Five Minute Friday!! :)


What is truth?

Pilate, he asks these words of Jesus,
and echoes our heart cry.

What is true?

What is true about God?

What is true about us?

I know what's true about God.

He's always faithful, slow to anger and abounding-
abounding in endless, messy, grace filled love.
He died for my mess because of love.

It's harder to know what's true about me.  Let's be honest-
knowing ourselves for who we really are is hard.
I haven't had so much time to figure that out- I'm in my teens.

But I know this:
I am loved.

I am made to love.

You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.’ And, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.

That's my calling.

And Jesus?
He's the way, the truth and the life and there is no good outside of Him.

Yeah. That's what I know to be true.


Love:)

R

5 comments:

  1. But you will. Oh, you will. And we'll be cheering over here as we walk along with you through All of The Discovering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's the good-hard, the Discovering! :)

      Delete
  2. Keep clinging to the truth that you've already discovered, and He will carry you through each new challenge and show you new true things about His character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Jesus?
    He's the way, the truth and the life and there is no good outside of Him.

    AMEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me , my 20's was when I really discovered myself. :) I love your life "calling" by the way. It is one of my callings as well. It sounds to me like you already know so many truths. Especially the verse you ended with.

    ReplyDelete