29 August 2011

Will the Truth please stand up?

"Tell me the truth."
How many times have you said that? And what did you mean? Did you mean "tell me something that seems right to you, just tell me whatever you want." Or did you mean "Please tell me what really happened, no embellishments whatsoever."
 I think that you know, and I know, that you meant the second. But our society tends not to think that truth is that important.
 "Oh, just do whatever feels right to you."
  "You can't impose your standards on anyone else. Whats wrong for you may not be wrong for another person."
  "Truth is relative."
  "There are no absolutes."
 Do you believe that? I don't. I believe that truth, real Truth is absolute. That there is a real right, and a real wrong. It is very dangerous to believe that there are no absolutes. Why? Here, try inserting some different words in the previous statements.
  "Oh, go ahead and do drugs if it feels right for you."
  "While you may believe you cannot commit mass murder, someone else may. You can't say it's wrong."
  It is a example of bad logic to say Truth is relative. You can't say that truth is relative, because that becomes a relative statement. It may or may not be true, because you are assuming Truth is relative. Therefore, that statement isn't necessarily a true statement. Truth may, in fact, be absolute.
  There are absolutes. It is impossible to not have them. It cannot be 70 degrees Fahrenheit and -70 degrees in the same place at the same time. It is either one or the other. You cannot be telling the truth, and be telling a lie at the same time. It is one or the other. Two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time. Math and Science have proven that there are absolutes. Those two fields cannot exist without them.
 Why else is it dangerous? Society must have standards on which to base. If there were no standards, there would be no society
  Where, than, do you find Truth?
 This is a fundamental question that everyone must answer at some point in time.
  I believe that Truth is found in Jesus Christ, Messiah. No one else.  
  He said  I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."( John 14:6)
 This is the basis of all Truth. His word is the Truth. God's word is the baseline measurement in all things.
 What He says goes. No matter what may seem right to you, if it isn't right to God, it's not right.
  But how am I to know what He says is the Truth?
  Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” ( John 8:31b-32)
 His word. The word of God. The Bible. This is Truth.
 The Truth shall set you free.
 It will. After all, it is True.

Love:)
R

No comments:

Post a Comment