15 August 2011

Love Story....

 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
   and because I love you,
I will give men in exchange for you,
   and people in exchange for your life.
Do not be afraid, for I am with you.....
(Isaiah 43:4-5)

This is one of my favorite passages in the Bible. Here, I think, God becomes personal. His desperate pursuing of us becomes evident. He, of course, being God, doesn't need us. But He wants us.  He loves us, and wants us to realize that. I think that's where some Christians go wrong. Christianity isn't a list of do's and don'ts. It isn't a fill-in-the-blank, check-all-the-boxes religion. It is a love story. The story of a God making Himself human, and choosing to "humble Himself to the point of death, even death on a cross."
  I watch many girls I know chasing after boys in hope of fulfillment. These girls aren't very old. Somewhere, somehow, they hope to find someone willing to fight for them.
 He's willing. Think about it....

Love :-)
R

No comments:

Post a Comment