17 March 2012

You are enough

You know those moments where you can practically feel the breath of God?
Where He moves and you bow and it doesn't seem like even enough to be flat on your face?
Where even the hem of His robe is too great to glance towards?

 He comes, touches your face.
"Rise, beautiful daughter."

And I shake my head.
Because I know just how far I've fallen.
I feel so inadequate.
I'm not good enough.

But I think I'm wrong.
And I slowly get up.
It's the King of Kings talking, after all.

It's so easy to be insecure.
Women have felt insecure since the dawn of time.
Eve felt it.
She didn't think she was created good enough.
She felt she needed to be more.

Oh, how often I feel I need to be more.

But I am created.
This is how I am made.
This is how God made me.
I am washed in His blood.
Covered by His grace.
A daughter He died for.
I am a daughter of the King of Kings.
Of God.
And I love my Father.
So I stand,
feel His embrace.
Hear Him speak.

It's the best part of my day.
Even the silence is beautiful beyond words.

Why do I turn away?
To be completely honest,
I don't know.

But He is patient.
He's not done.
Slowly my self-image improves.
It helps to be valued by a King.
Which we all are.

Oh my friends.
Remember this.
You are loved.
You are enough.

Because you are precious in my eyes,
    and honored, and I love you,
I give men in return for you,
    peoples in exchange for your life. 

Isaiah 43:4ESV


Or, in The Message,
But now, God's Message, the God who made you in the first place, Jacob, 
   the One who got you started, Israel:
"Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you. 
   I've called your name. You're mine.
When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you. 
   When you're in rough waters, you will not go down.
When you're between a rock and a hard place, 
   it won't be a dead end—
Because I am God, your personal God, 
   The Holy of Israel, your Savior.
I paid a huge price for you: 
   all of Egypt, with rich Cush and Seba thrown in!
That's how much you mean to me! 
   That's how much I love you!
I'd sell off the whole world to get you back, 
   trade the creation just for you. 

Isaiah 43 :1-4


For you.


Love:) 


R










3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!
    Rachel, have you read the book "Captivating" by John and Stasi Eldridge?
    It is all about women and God's purpose for them. It is unlike any book I have ever read because it is completely focused on God's particular love for women and why He made them: why the world needs us.

    Remember, He is your Prince! Our King has a complete lavish love for you! I like to read Song of Songs and imagine that it is God chasing me, because He loves me, and like the Shalumite Bride, He finds me breathtaking.

    He finds YOU breathtaking, and captivating and radiant..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      No, I haven't. I've heard of it, though, and my dad really likes John Eldrige. I'll have to find it somewhere!

      I love Song of Songs. It's such a beautiful picture of love.

      You know, it's funny beacuse I wrote this yesterday, and today our pastor's sermon was on God's unconditional love for use and our innate desires as men and women and how He alone fills them. It made me smile, because it was very similar to what I wrote.

      Thank you again.

      Love!

      Delete
  2. :) You're Welcome!

    ~ Echo

    ReplyDelete