12 March 2012

Don't give up

Give me everything You are
Give me one more chance to be near You

Cause everything inside me looks like
Everything I hate
You are the hope I have for change
You are the only chance I'll take........
.......And I'm on fire
When You're near me
I'm on fire
When You speak
I'm on fire
Burning at these mysteries... these mysteries... these mysteries
Ah you're the mystery
You're the mystery


(From On Fire by Switchfoot)

I love that. Give me one more chance.......You are the only hope I have for change. And it's true. Alone, I'd be lost. 
That He will give us a chance, again, and again.
Because we fall.
And we mess up.
And we do what we hate.

For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing.(Romans 7:19)

It can be such a struggle. We want the change, are reaching for it; but nothing happens.
The change, it comes in Him.

It's so hard when we mess up, even as we're so on fire. Sin has such a hold on us,
and we know it.

I'll say something, and know the instant the words leave my mouth it was the wrong thing.
Why do I do that?

I'll look at someone and think something really judgemental.
Why do I do that?

So many things.
But change comes,
slowly,
barely perceptibly sometimes,
but still.
It comes.

And grace works,
and He prunes and trims,
slowly,
 it comes.

My friends-
Don't give up on yourselves.
It's easy to do.
I know.


God doesn't give up on you.

Don't self-sabotage Grace offered freely-

To you.
Sinner.
Washed clean.
Because of love.

Love:)

R





1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said. Thanks for such an inspiring post, R. :)

    ReplyDelete