07 April 2012

It's all grace

I wonder.........

What it felt like sitting in that closed and darkened room.
If it felt like betrayal.
All those promises:
dead.

It was my fault.

My sins sent my God to die.

I see those words and something breaks inside me.
I am a very broken person.

We are a broken people, and people of unclean lips. We always want an eye for an eye.
And blood brings healing.
Blood must spill through a wound to clean out the dirt.

Blood was spilled for my dirt
All that crap that is in my brokenness-
it is why blood was spilled-
why body was broken.

We see grace and love and mercy.
This is the crux of that day-

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.
1 Peter 2:24

The death that shook the cosmos-

to show us grace.

It's all grace.


Love:)

R

No comments:

Post a Comment