13 July 2012

to my friend in the DR.....

To my friend in the DR......just heard your family's news.

And I hope that you see this.
I'll write, too.
But this is fast.
And hope that you know that if you need someone to talk to.....
I'd love to listen.
I hope I'll see you if you all come.
I miss you.
Miss your words.

All I can say is that our God is strong.
He is good.
He's got good plans for us.
Plans to prosper us and not to harm us.
To give us a hope and a future.
I know your lovely heart for Him.
He knows.
He hears.


Oh my friend........
Hugs from me.

I love you,
love your family.

He is strong.

He loves you.

listen to the Lord who created you.
O Israel, the one who formed you says,
“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
I have called you by name; you are mine.
 When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you.
 For I am the Lord, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
I gave Egypt as a ransom for your freedom;
I gave Cush and Seba in your place.
Others were given in exchange for you.
I traded their lives for yours
because you are precious to me.
You are honored, and I love you.

(Isaiah 43: 1b-4)
Wish I could be there.

Love you SO much, friend!

R

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, Thank you so much for your encouraging words. Walking through this has been hard, especially because my family has been separated for over a month and because there are so many unknowns. I am struggling a bit with this, but God is so present in this situation. Everywhere I look, I see Him. I hope to see you soon. We are going to the States on Thursday, but I don't know where in the States. I will keep you informed. I miss you so much! Keep Praying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Micah,
      So glad you saw this. Wasn't sure that you would, and it was an answer to prayer.

      I'm so sorry for the hard and the unknown. I know that for me- I like to know. The not knowing is the worst. So glad that you are seeing Him in it and through it.

      Praying that He'll continue to be loud, for energy and clarity for you all as you figure out where to go and what to do. I'm sure this next week is going to be crazy. Praying for peace and joy for you all, for an extra strength and that the Master will be brought glory even in the midst of this.
      I'd love to see you- let's make it work in the near future! Whatever it takes! I'll come to you!
      I've been praying hard for you all the last few weeks, and until yesterday I didn't know why. Funny how that is. :)
      You all are in our prayers and in the prayers of many others. He hears! I'm so greatful for that, so greatful for you.
      Miss you much! You have our phone number and my e-mail and our skype if you need to talk with someone! Any time. Any thing.

      ~Me:)

      Delete