27 October 2011

My grace is sufficient

It's not the trust that's hard..........it's the acceptance. I hate not feeling good enough, not able. But isn't His power made perfect in weakness? So often, I forget. I get frustrated, and just want to be done with it.

                           
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
(2 Corinthians 12:9-10)

Okay. 
 But it's hard. It certainly isn't easy. We want to be whole, to be perfect, to be strong. Invincible, if you will. But then Paul says For when I am weak, then I am strong. When I am weak.........
  I trust more.
  I talk to Him more.
  I realize how truly blessed I am.
  My Friends, I hope that you come to realize, as I slowly am, that you are living the life He planned for you. He choose you to face your life, messed up as you are, because He knew you could do it. Every experience is refining you into the beautiful person you are. 
   He allowed you to face these storms.  He knew you could stand against their winds. He cries with you, holding each tear in the palm of His hand. He is waiting with open arms to allow you to come cry on His chest, and  when you do, He will hold you. And then  he will take that burden that's about to pull you under, and put it upon Himself.

 Acceptance. It's okay not to be perfect.
 He is.
You aren't.
For the sake of Christ, then, I am content ....
I hope you are.

Love:)
R

No comments:

Post a Comment