13 June 2013

come and live

Below is what I wrote in my journal a few years ago after reading Matthew 11:
28-30:
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you
 rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and 
humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke 
is easy and my burden is light.”
I am not asking you to
 complete yourself and then come to me.
I am asking you to come to me.
 Broken and burdened, infested with the most hideous lies about me and 
my nature. Covered in perpetual sin that you just can’t seem to shake.
 Because I don’t see that.
I see Christ. I see the blood of my son all
 over you.
I know you think you need to work through your doubt
 before you come to me. But that’s not true. I can’t wait that long for 
you to come. And how ridiculous is that lie? That you have to figure me 
out, know me and trust in me without fail before you can come to me and
 get to know me. I do have gifts for you. Big crazy gifts, but the
 biggest of all is my presence.
That’s what I am inviting you 
in to. My presence. That’s a gift I am inviting you into. My presence.

That’s a gift I am going to give you every second for every hour of
 every day for the rest of eternity. Come to me. Come be in my presence.
It’s so crazy to think you have to perfectly accept that gift before
 you can stand in that gift. I’m just saying, “Come stand in it. Bask in
 it.”

Come stand in it filthy and let me cleanse you.
Come stand in it broken and let me heal you.
Come stand in it drunk on doubt and fear and let me renew a spirit of confidence and trust in you.
Just come stand in it.
Come 
stand in it with a past you can’t fix and a future you can’t look at 
without grimacing and I will comfort you in this very moment.


-Jon Acuff


I printed this out and stuck it where I could read it until I believed it after I read this for the first time.

Come stand in it filthy and let me cleanse you.
Come stand in it broken and let me heal you.
Come stand in it drunk on doubt and fear and let me renew a spirit of confidence and trust in you.
Just come stand in it.

Just come stand.

All is such grace.


Love:)

R

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy finding your blog at Ann's. Hope you are having great fun on that Idaho river,(I would love to explore Idaho.) I love to see this invitation to come to Jesus, lay down my burdens, follow Him & find rest for my soul. I don't fully understand, but He invites us to come into His presence & be blessed! Definitely want to do that! Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so excited...finishing packing right now. I don't think we'll see anyone other than our group the whole time!
      And I so agree...I don't understand. I love how he says "And how ridiculous is that lie? That you have to figure me 
out, know me and trust in me without fail before you can come to me and
 get to know me. I do have gifts for you. Big crazy gifts, but the
 biggest of all is my presence."

      So many gifts.

      Love:)

      R

      Delete