11 December 2012

rest

Bent just a little,
shoulder lowered,
one leg just a tiny bit longer.
They say it's random
but she knows.

The weight of the world
has a way of bending you.

Bending a little
but not breaking.

Because He's there.
quietly whispering into the still of the night
"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden,
and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you,
and learn from me,
for I am gentle and lowly in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
(Matthew 11:28-30)

Oh, the rest.
 It saves her.

When her brain threatens to explode
thanks to
chemistry
and history
and math.

The rest.

To remember the importance of resting.

Really, truly resting.
She makes herself take every possible
Sunday off.
Focus on Him.
And it's okay.
Still has an A in chemistry.
(For now:)

Ancient history hasn't killed her yet.

His yoke has made all the difference.

This advent,
consider resting?
It helps.


Love:)

R

No comments:

Post a Comment